måndag, november 20, 2006

Hyacinth Bouquet




I kväll vältrar vi oss i "Keeping up appearances"/"Skenet bedrar". Den komediserien är helt underbar. Bland det roligaste som gjorts för TV tycker jag. Jag ska bara fixa lite thé så ska vi fortsätta att gotta oss i Hyacinths besvärligheter. Bjuder under tiden på en drös härliga citat:

"The Bouquet residence, the lady of the house is speaking"

"I prefer something very expensive, but tasteful"

"We might not be millionares, but we do have standards"

(Hyacinth till Richard, när de parkerade bilen utanfor Daisy's och Onslow's hus:)" Lock the door, Richard, we are basically in Beirut right now"

"I hope you're not going to spoil things with lower-middle class humor."

"Try not to make a noise in the bathroom, dear."

"Hyacinth: It's my sister Violet! She's the one with the Mercedes, swimming pool, and room for a pony.

"I should have thought postmen would be trained to recognize first-class stamp houses."

No, this is NOT the Chinese Take-Away. It maybe only one digit away, but believe me its a whole other world..."

Tidig jul, Hyacinth: "I love my family. Especially at this time of year...when it gets dark early."

Hyacinth, om Bruce, hennes svåger som är transvestit "Well, he loves dressing up, it's better that he do it in the theater."

"It's so lower-middle class to go into details."

"Do you know these people?" - The Major of Rose och pojkvän
Hyacinth: "Hardly."

Richard: "What's happened to you!?"
Hyacinth: "Typical. Men expect you to look your best at every moment."

"I have to hold my head up in this community. I'm looked up to. What are they going to think if I go three days without mail?"

"Hyacinth:"I'm not the sort of person who goes fishing for
invitations."

'Please, try to not brush up my walls, I hate when people brush up my walls"

"This water has been used!" (när hon ringer till vattenverket)

"Violet, dear, there are far worse things than having your husband dance on the tables with his hair in a bun"(till sin syster i telefon)

Och här finns än fler!

Inga kommentarer: